Review – Gold’s Gym XRS 20 Squat Rack / Squat Rack Accessories
The Gold’s Gym XRS 20 Squat Rack is the pinnacle of budget squat racks. Sitting at an extremely affordable price, the XRS 20 is the basic squat rack you would picture outside of a power cage. The surprising thing is that it still has good squat rack accessories despite the low price.
Is the XRS 20 a good investment? Let’s review.
- Olympic width, adjustable uprights, adjustable safety spotters
- Weight plate storage, squat rack
- Power catch uprights, curl yolk
- 65 x 49.5 x 73
The Gold’s Gym XRS 20 Squat Rack is selling for a price of $87. This is an amazing deal if you are getting a quality squat rack. The rack is built to handle beginner and intermediate weights. If you are a heavy lifter, this squat rack may not be sturdy enough. You would be more interested in a power cage, which are also available on the site.
Out of all of the reviews,
- 5 Star: 50%
- 4 Star: 10%
- 3 Star: 13%
- 2 Star: 10%
- 1 Star: 17%
The top positive review rates the product at 5/5 stars.
1. The top reviewer states that it is easy to assemble, and is inexpensive. He also states that he will order a second one for his workplace.
The top critical review rates the product at 2/5 stars.
2. The top reviewer claims that the uprights do not stay upright because of the carraige bolt and tiny screws. He claims that it is still usable, but it is slightly tilted. He also claims that the upright is rocky. He wrote some other things, but a lot of his review was personal opinion.
3. A user that rated the item at 4 stars said that the item is easy to assemble, and can be used for a variety of exercises. He says he was thinking about getting a seperate bench press but that this squat rack changed his mind, because this works just fine. He also claims that it can handle over 300 pounds!
4. Another user who rated the item at 5 stars says that the squat rack is a very solid piece of equipment. He said that there is no problem as long as you screw the bolts in tightly.
5. The good news is, I had to go through 4 pages worth of reviews before I found a detailed criticism about the product. This user rated the product 2 stars, and stated that the uprights wobble. He says he is going to dismantle the rack and fine another one.
6. A user that rated the product 5 stars says that it is exactly what he wanted. He says that it is easy to assemble, and sturdy. He says its ability to hold weights on the back is very useful.
7. Another customer says that this is the best bang for your buck, and that it does what a squat rack should do.Should you Buy the Gold’s Gym XRS 20 Squat Rack?
If you read through this article, you would think that it is a cheap squat rack, and might not be very sturdy. However, you also see from the positive reviews that a lot of them hold up well. Obviously, it isn’t top quality.
But it’s $87, and gets the job done. If you’re starting out, you can’t really beat this.
If you’re interested in the product, click here!